UNITED AGAINST RACISM (UAR) PRINCIPLES
UNITED AGAINST RACISM is a membership based grass-root, democratic organisation conducting its activities based on the following principles.
- UAR rejects all forms of racism and discrimination including Islamophobia, anti-semitism and anti- Traveller racism.
- UAR is against all scapegoating of migrants and minorities.
- UAR calls for the abolition of the Direct Provision System and supports the call for amnesty for asylum seekers.
- UAR is for the normalization of all undocumented migrant workers in Ireland and opposes all deportations.
- UAR calls for opening the borders to refugees and rejects ‘Fortress Europe’ policies.
- UAR supports the call for full equality for the Traveller community.
- UAR supports the principle of NO PLATFORM for Fascists
- UAR’s policies and strategy are democratically determined by its members
- UAR is an independent organisation aiming to form links with other organisations, political parties, community groups and trade unions in its campaigns and activities.
- UAR welcomes the affiliation of other organisations and invites people to join as members based on the principles above.
- UAR’s main focus is to campaign against racism but we are also opposed to all other forms of oppression and discrimination including sexism,anti-trans discrimination, homophobia, discrimination against the disabled, people with mental health difficulties and religious minorities. We stand in solidarity with groups, movements and campaigns working to oppose all these forms of oppression.