UNITED AGAINST RACISM Says HOMES FOR ALL!
Don’t let the racists divide us
United Against Racism is proud to support and participate in today’s (1st December 2018) National Housing Demonstration. We believe Ireland has the resources to provide decent housing for everyone in this country; what is lacking is political will.
We support the calls for
- Declaration of a National Housing Emergency
- Public and Affordable Housing on Public Land
- Compulsory Purchase Orders on Empty Properties
- Rent Controls Now and No Evictions
We reject the idea that the housing crisis is in anyway caused by immigrants, refugees or asylum seekers or that any solution to it lies in excluding or discriminating against them. The problem is the utter failure of government policy, the exploitation of the situation by landlords to raise house prices and rent, and the collusion between the political elite and the landlords.
- End Direct Provision – give asylum seekers the right to work.
- End placing Direct Provision Centres in remote locations with inadequate facilities.
- Repeal the 27th Amendment . All Children born here should be citizens.
WE CALL FOR UNITY OF ALL COLOURS, NATIONS, ETHNICITIES AND WORKING PEOPLE IN THE FIGHT FOR HOUSING AS A HUMAN RIGHT AND AGAINST RACISM
2,010 total views, 2 views today