World Against Racism – Building united movements worldwide against racism and fascism
United Against Racism is part of World Against Racism, an international network of anti-racist, anti-fascist organisations that are planning a global day of action on UN Anti-Racism Day 2021. Organisations in different countries are planning events to mark the day.
In Ireland, United Against Racism will be hosting an online rally with international speakers at 3 pm on 21 March 2021 . The panel of speakers will include Moazzam Begg, Ronnie Kasrils, Salma Yaqoob, Petros Constantinou and others. We will announce further speakers as we confirm them. Further details will be published on our social media platforms.
The World United Against Racism
Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/249340866867100/
Statement for 2021, UN Anti Racism Day
United against all forms of racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism – United against the rise of fascism
We will come together again for a global day of protest on Saturday 20 March 2021 for UN Anti-Racism Day. Across many countries, #WorldAgainstRacism actions will take place against all forms of racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism, in opposition to racist scapegoating of refugees, migrants and ROMA communities, and in solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter movement. Anti-racists will highlight the importance of our unity in the face of division, and stress that we must stand together to challenge the threat of racist populism, the far right and fascism.
The Covid-19 Pandemic —combined with the failure of governments to properly protect their populations and the looming impact of a major economic crash— has created the situation where the most abhorrent forms of racism can thrive. The disproportionate impact of the virus on black and minority ethnic (BAME) communities, reflected in the starkly disproportionate deaths in these communities, has been a major feature of the pandemic. Refugee camps threaten to become a deadly trap for refugees due to the spread of Covid-19.
Alongside this, the #BlackLivesMatter movement has exposed the deep levels of institutionalised racism in society and sparked a global anti-racist movement in response. It has marked the biggest anti-racist movement ever and has spanned the globe in its reach, and preceded the defeat of Trump in the US elections in November.
In some countries, fascist and extreme right parties and organizations try to build through the mobilizations of the Corona deniers. Conspiracy myths fuel antisemitic and racist prejudices.
As has been shown by anti-racist and anti-fascist movements in Greece, with the defeat and jailing of fascist Golden Dawn, and in Austria with the huge drop in the FPO’s vote, the key to driving back the threat of fascism and the far right lies in building mass, broad united campaigns to expose, oppose and defeat racism, fascism and the far right.
On 20 March 2021, we are organising across the world to deliver many (safely organised socially distanced) demonstrations and other protest actions, that can show our unity and develop and build the anti-racist movement that is so critical to ensuring we oppose all forms of racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism and resist the rise of fascism and the far right.
World Against Racism
- United Against Racism, Ireland
- 6000 Sardine, Italy
- Aufstehen gegen Rassismus (Stand Up Against Racism), Germany
- Comité 21 Maart (21 March Committee), The Netherlands
- Crida Contra el Racisme i el feixisme, València
- Fællesinitiativet mod Racisme og Diskrimination (United against Racism and Discrimination), Denmark
- Hepimiz Göçmeniz – Irkçılığa Hayır (We’re all migrants – No to racism platform), Turkey
- KEERFA, (Movement Against Racism and Fascist Threat), Greece
- Love Aotearoa Hate Racism, Auckland, New Zealand
- Plataforma Antifascista de Lisboa e Vale do Tejo (PALVT, Antifascist Platform of Lisbon and the Tejo Valley), Portugal
- Platform 21/03 against racism, Belgium
- Plattform für eine menschliche Asylpolitik, (Platform for a humane asylum policy), Austria
- Stand Up To Racism, GB
- Unitat Contra el Feixisme i el Racisme, (Unity Against Fascism and Racism), Catalonia
- United Against Hate, USA
- United Against Racism and Fascism (UARF-NYC), New York City, USA
- Zjednoczeni Przeciw Rasizmowi (United Against Racism), Poland
5,657 total views, 5 views today